Hon’ble Min Smriti Irani Address in Women Transforming India Awards 2017.
NITI Aayog honour extraordinary women(12 women achievers) by Women Transforming India 2017 Awards
‘Women Transforming India Awards’ was launched by Niti Aayog last year in partnership with the UN in India and MyGov.
The awards received 3,000 entries from across the country.
Union minister Smriti Irani and Niti Aayog Vice Chairman Arvind Panagariya & Amitabh Kant CEO,Niti Aayog take ahead ‘Women Transforming India Awards.
1. Shima Modak, who improves the future of children by taking free education to their door steps.
2. Wing Commander Pooja Thakur who started her poultry business with Rs. 2000 & now has 6 enterprises in poultry farming.
3. Jamuna Tudu also called Lady Tarzan, conserving forest land in naxal affected areas around Jharkhand.
4. Harshini Kanhekar, India’s first woman fire fighter.
5. Lakshmi Agarwal, activist campaigner for Stop Acid Attacks for her courage and transformational work.
6. Kanika Tekriwal, Founder –Jetsetgoin, who not only beat cancer but also made taxies out of jet planes.
7. Shima Modak, Education is an important tool and can change the lives of many.
9. Sinha arunima, India’s first amputee to climb Mt Everest.
10. Safeena Husain, founder-Educate Girls, for her work to transform girls’ education in rural parts of India.
11. Raji Borthakur, for creating a smart glove, which can predict epileptic seizures before they occur.
12. Sunita Kamble, Goat Doctor for creating alternative livelihood opportunities for women.